Wednesday, January 4, 2012

On Not-hoarding

Apparently my new years resolution should have been "clean out and reorganize the catch-all closet."

Why? Because that's what I've been doing for the last three days. And as soon as I muster the strength (or convince a friend to help) to cart the remainders off to the thrift store, the project will be complete.

I love a well-organized space. It makes me feel like a weight has lifted off of me. No more downing in "stuff," literally or figuratively.

I was going to blather on about hoarding and anxiety, but I'm sure someone else has already said whatever I was going to say. Probably Martha Beck, in one of her insightful columns for the Oprah magazine. So instead, check out this amazing (hoarding-related) art project: Barbie Trashes Her Dreamhouse (flickr set from the artist here).

1 comment:

  1. Good on you Megan!!! I think anyone (healthy or sick) who manages to clean out a catch-all closet deserves a medal! Those trashed Barbie houses were too weird!!! Way too real!

    ReplyDelete